New Building Construction - Why Tilt-Up Is The Right Choice!
|Access for FREE when you become a Silver Member!|
|OnDemand Webinar + Membership|
|OnDemand Webinar||$99||Add to Cart|
When a business owner sets out to build a new facility, he or she is typically focused on big picture concerns such as budget and financing, schedule and occupancy date, operational and maintenance costs, and quality and image of the completed building. More likely than not, the owner is not considering the method of construction.
Since the 1970s, numerous building owners, both private and public, have taken advantage of tilt-up construction to lower construction costs and accelerate occupancy schedules while receiving an investment grade building. This OnDemand Webinar will explore the features and benefits of modern tilt-up construction and educate building owners and their representatives – designers and contractors – why tilt-up construction is the preferred choice for many facilities. You will learn about the differences between tilt-up construction and conventional construction methods such as steel framed, masonry and precast. Some building owners who want the benefits of tilt-up might be concerned that their facility will not work with tilt-up. This program will dispel some of the most common misconceptions about tilt-up construction with real-world examples. Once an owner selects tilt-up construction, there are some critical decisions that must be considered in the earliest stages of the project. You will learn about necessary decisions such as contractor qualifications, and also about the latest innovations in tilt-up construction as they apply to energy efficiency, LEED®, and security. Finally, you will see several case studies of completed tilt-up projects that have saved business owners time and money while still producing award-winning designs.
•You will be able to describe what tilt-up construction is.
•You will be able to discuss dispelling common misconceptions of tilt-up construction.
•You will be able to explain benefits compared to conventional construction methods.
•You will be able to review tilt-up innovations.
AuthorsJ. Jeffrey Griffin, Ph.D., P.E., P.M.P., LJB Inc.
David P. Tomasula, P.E., LJB Inc.
Overview: What Is Tilt-Up Construction?
- Tilt-Up Construction Defined
- Tilt-Up Construction Features
Benefits Compared to Conventional Construction Methods
- Tilt-Up Versus Steel Framed
- Tilt-Up Versus Concrete Masonry
- Tilt-Up Versus Precast
Dispelling Common Misconceptions of Tilt-Up Construction
- Tilt-Up Is Only for Large Buildings Like Warehouses
- Tilt-Up Is Only for Single-Story Buildings
- My Footprint Is Too Small
- My Site Is Too Constrained
- Tilt-Up Doesn't Provide Enough Architectural Freedom
- But, I Need a Multi-Story Building With Lots of Glass
- Tilt-Up Doesn't Work Well for Expansions and Retrofits
- You Can't Build Tilt-Up in Inclement Weather
Planning Your New Tilt-Up Building
- Delivery Method - Design-Bid-Build or Design-Build
- Contractor Qualifications
- Site Considerations
- Schedule Considerations
- Tilt-Up and Energy Efficiency
- Tilt-Up and LEED®
- Tilt-Up and Blast Protection
- Tilt-Up Reaching New Limits
- Nonbuilding Applications
Tilt-Up Case Studies
|CD & Manual||More Info|